Cooperation with the Professional Community: Matters regarding A.A.’s relationship with the Professional Community, including research inquiries from students at institutions of higher learning. All inquiries from Cooperation with the Professional Community Committees in the US and Canada.
AA Guidelines on Cooperation With the Professional Community (reprinted from GSO)
CPC/PI Report – June, 2014
- Walt participated as a panelist in the Area/D42-sponsored CPC workshop held on May 24th in Oak Brook.
- We ended up a couple of volunteers short (scheduled at two people per shift) for the Haymarket Summer Institute, but managed to have at minimum one person coverage per shift. All of the responses received from the volunteers who attended gave A.A. and the Institute ‘high marks’ Jeane provided the display board, then set up and broke down the display.
- All slots for June’s speaker meetings at DuPage Crisis Intervention Center were filled.
- As Alternate CPC/PI, Jeane attended the Area 20 CPC Committee meeting during the Summer Assembly; she reported on Haymarket to the group.
- The Lombard library stock of A.A. pamphlets was re-stocked this month per their request:
- 85 pamphlets were delivered to Lombard the library.
- A follow up on ‘mysterious’ district e-mails being sent to Walt discovered that ”it looks like that message was sent to email@example.com. That address appears on the Contact page on our website - if someone wants to contact District 41 they would click on that link. We have a number of similar addresses that get forwarded to specific individuals' personal email accounts. A request was made to have all future e-mails sent directly to our district e-mail account.
Walt K/Jeane Mc
CPC/PI Report – May, 2014
• We’re short of volunteers for both the upcoming Haymarket Summer Institute (June 9-11) and for June’s speaker meeting at DuPage Crisis Intervention Center. The Institute needs booth volunteers and those volunteers will be able to attend the daily speaker presentation and two workshops if they so choose; Jeane will be providing a display board for this event. For our quarterly CIC responsibility we need speakers and chairpersons to speak with dual diagnosed patients.
• New York’s latest 459 Newsletter cited DuPage County volunteer’s participation in Good Sam’s detox project.
• There will be a CPC workshop held from 10-11:30 AM on May24th at Christ Church of Oakbrook for anyone who might be interested in learning about why and how to introduce yourselves to ‘people who can help alcoholics find our fellowship’.
Walt K / Jeane McG
CPC/PI Report – April, 2014
- Participated in NIA Pre-GSC Workshop on April 12, 1014.
- Six local A.A. volunteers (including Area PI Alternate Chair) participated in
Willowbrook H.S.’s Wellness Day. All of the volunteers I talked with were pleased with the student participation and thought that they did a good job representing A.A. Jeane created a teen appropriate display board. We did well according to the school nurse, and we will be asked back next year.
- D 42 is looking for volunteers to serve as greeters and for either set up or clean up for the upcoming NIA 2014 Big Book Conference to be held October 25, 2014 at Parkview Community Church. If interested contact Rita K or Marie S.
- Volunteers are needed for the following two upcoming activities:
- DuPage County Intensive Care Unit meetings – District 41 is hosting the month of June).
- upcoming 20th Annual Summer Institute on Addictions to be at Elmhurst College on June 9-11, 2014; so far we have 3 volunteers, two from D42.
Walt K/Jeane Mc